I should be in bed!

Its past 1:30 and I just finished an assignment that is due today! It was given to me seven days back and I had all the time in the world to leisurely work on it. Naturally I was pretty mad at myself at first but I later realised that it isn't really my fault, it's just Parkinson's Law; Work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion.


Anyways
I should be going to sleep now! Before i end this post i would like to share a 'poem' i wrote. Now it's just as bad if not worse that my other 'poems' but it is a little different in terms of style (or lack of it!)


Cliff facing the world,
an uncaged eagle,
perched, endless possibilities,
the world before it,
my broken wing you do not see.

"fly away to any corner,
the world is yours,
yours to make of it,
fly away to any corner."
obnoxious wisdom and shallow care.
my broken wing you do not see?

"bid farewell to the old way
come on now fly away
onward!
onward you shall go!
you shall not retreat
you shall know no fear
in his name all shall fly"
the glint in his eyes
the only illusion that he is alive
my broken wing you do not see?
"cowardice"
my broken wing you do not see!

where do i fly now?
sun down is long away.
"the moon shall bring you no peace,
fly away,
i shall watch you all the way."
blind pillars of hope,
i bid u farewell,
my broken wing you do not see.

how do i say the ineffable?
"you were born to fly,
don't mind the tempest,
stay strong,
calm, after vile storms, how is that wrong."
how do i say the ineffable?
when you see what you say?
my broken wing how can you see?




LOVE IT
OR
HATE IT
ME WANNA KNOW!

leave comments, thank you :)



5 comments:

Adi said...

EVEN EAGLES NEED A PUSH!.Read the book?
Nice one.
Dude, your good. You better keep the work going.

Anonymous said...

ur good da really i like i like

Ramy said...

i wish i cud write poems lyk u!!!
teach da pls pls

anthea lyng said...

you write poems???will get you in college

Ruben Das said...

Speechless!!! Truly Speechless! I am waiting for you to fly though. The broken wing shall not be.