Must see movie!

Seriously people, why do I always post things after 12? Anyways I saw a Telugu movie recently with my sister. The picture is a poster for the movie in case your wondering.
Normally I don’t like Telugu movies cause the quality is horrible and my comprehension of Telugu (even though its my native) is fairly poor. The only reason I went there was cause my sister forced me to (she has already seen the movie thrice). I saw the movie on Tuesday but I was feeling very lazy to write.

The name of the movie is Bommarillu, doll house in English. This is the first Telugu movie that I saw in a theater and I must admit that this is the first Telugu movie that I actually liked. The movie is very well taken and if you happen to understand Telugu then this is a must see. The movie deals with common urban Indian family problems that are due to things like generation gap, cultural confusion or the whole issue of east meets west parental child relationship, etc. The movie does an exemplary job of presenting these topics. I am not going to get into the details of the movie and its plot. I will rather tell u my experience of watching the movie.

The father is a character that maybe familiar to you. He loves his family and children and wants only the best for them. His greatest happiness is to see them happy and settled. The only problem is that he assumes that he knows what’s best for his children and tends to behave like a dictator. His son respects his father a lot and therefore becomes submissive. His dad selects simple things like his clothes and makes decisions for his son as he thinks he is doing the right thing. His son begins to feel suffocated but continues to keep his opinion to himself. I am sure there are a lot of people who have dads like this or at least knows somebody who does. The more I spent time analyzing the character and comparing him to other dads I began to realize how lucky I am to have my parents. My parents are not at all controlling. They give me ample freedom and are there when I need them. I love them so much. I don’t know what would have happened to me if my parents were like that. I have heard a lot of stories about parents forcing their kids to take up a particular course or a subject for their studies. Their have been instances of parents forcing their kids to take up science (an obsession in India) even though they wanted to study commerce or arts. They movie is not about education but these were my thoughts and I wanted to share them with you.

I won’t be doing justice to the movie if I tell you the story therefore I urge you to watch the movie for yourselves. I know language is a barrier but if u can watch the movie with subtitles then go right ahead. It’s an amazing family movie so anybody of any age can watch it. I felt a connection with this movie and I hope you do too.

Once again I LOVE YOU MOM and DAD

I know they won’t be reading this :-)

0 comments: