Hot coffee and ramblings at midnight

I have stuff to write. Three reviews, one on a movie, a play and a book to be precise. I have managed to press a sufficient amount of buttons on the keyboard and some sort of a fairly coherent passage about G.I Joe has come to life. To say it is the most perfectly articulated article of a person’s opinion cum analysis of a movie till date would be like calling Nusrat Ali an incapable sufi singer, i shall say no more about the movie review. I can almost see my teacher passing out after reading my so called review. Poor thing, she will be devastated!

Speaking of Nusrat Ali, i am listening to him on you tube as i’m writing this blog post. He is outstanding and his band is doing a fantastic job of adding to the richness of Mr Nusrat's voice. I like the tabla the most and of course Mr. Nusrat’s high notes!



Listen to him if ur interested and even if ur not interested, please do listen! I am sure u will like it J
oh and a million thanks to Mr. Arul Mani, a lecturer in the English dept of St joseph’s college and the leader of Whats ur beef, for introducing me to Nusrat's music.

Whats ur beef! - It is a clandestine society that has dedicated its existence towards understanding the phenomena we cal film. We also eat chicken ‘momos’ (except the lone non-carnivorous member), tea (iced, masala, we like it all), sandwitches, etc, etc and etc! We basically love food and movies, but mostly food! We meet every Friday. I can't attend next Friday's discussion and hogging session because i have tests... suxs....

My coffee is almost over and the rusk i was munching is finished too and i am too lazy to go and get more! Oh and I had an interesting discussion with a friend. It was about love and she asked me what i thought about love and all i could say was, “its unreal, a fraud our mind commits, to give us a reason to hide our most primal needs.” Do i really believe that? Probably not, but then again who knows what i believe any more. No i am serious, is there anybody who can tell me what i believe, because i definitely don’t! Mean while, the author of this post who firmly believes he is over the person he once had affectionate ties with, wonders why he can’t seem to get her out of his everyday stream of thoughts. The author will also go on to deny any attachment to that person and will also tell u that such a thought is absurd but secretly be minded pricked by thoughts of that person. Is there anybody who can tell me what i believe, because i definitely don’t!

Beliefs are weird! They make us do crazy things, some of us will die for them, other will kill for them and some will just do bizarre things because them. Like right now i believe my teacher is going to forget about the review so i am going to write it later. Beliefs are weird... they make us do really bizarre things.

0 comments: